When you think of bingo the likelihood is you think of grannies, going along with their blue rinse hair up in a net and a steely look of determination on their face. But the face of bingo, especially online bingo, is changing that.
No longer is the traditional player simply an old granny who is looking for a bit of fun, but increasingly we are finding that young women are interested in playing bingo, fuelled in part by the rise in online bingo.
The Online Bingo Demographics
So what can we learn about the ‘average user’ from the online bingo demographics? Here’s a useful selection
* 85% of online bingo players are from the USA. Japan comes in 2nd and the UK 3rd.
* Online bingo is growing rapidly amongst the younger ages. 25% of all bingo players are young women under the age of 35, and the vast majority are under the age of 50.
* The UK has a player pool of 3.2 million active players
* Of that 3.2 million, 700,000 are young professionals of between 18 and 25
* In the UK bingo is the 2nd biggest leisure activity
* It is the most popular game for women between 20 and 25
As you can see form those demographics, the online bingo player is far from a blue rinse granny, but is more likely a young women who is looking to have a good time. Importantly the age bracket of serious growth, 20 – 25, is a demographic that tends to have the most disposable income.
It’s no surprise that young women are turning to bingo. Online bingo has managed to make bingo more appealing, allowing players to play when and where they want to. Because of this there has been a sharp uptake in technology active players, predominantly young women in their 20s looking for a bit of fun.